Monday, November 10, 2008

eLearning Learning

Tony Karrer of the eLearning Technology blog invited me to take part in a new site called eLearning Learning. This new site brings a collection of ed tech related blogs together making it very easy to research a variety of topics without jumping from blog to blog. Tony describes it best with this quote;

"This is the beginning of a community portal where the community will help to collect and organize the best content from blogs and web sites. The goal is to create a place where it's relatively easy to find current content and highly relevant content surrounding eLearning." - Tony Karrer

If you look on the lower right side of my blog you will see a handy new widget listing labels of common topics on my blog. If you click on one of the topics it will bring you to the learning eLearning site where you will see a listing of my posts related to that topic. From there you can dive deeper into more specific content from a growing number of blogs. But be careful, first time I tried this out I got stuck at my computer for hours reading blog post after blog post : )

I'm excited to be a part of the launch of this new site and just as excited to use it for my own research. Thanks to all who are taking part in learning eLearning.

2 comments:

Collin Kromke said...

Fantastic news! Hey, quick suggestion for you. Move the subscription link up closer to the top of the sidebar. Always make it easy for people to subscribe. Normally, if I have to scroll at all to find the subscription link I won't subscribe. Today I'm making an exception for a fellow elearning blogger. ;)

Joe Deegan said...

Thanks for the suggestion Colin. Never thought about that. I'd still consider myself a rookie when it comes to blogging so any constructive feedback is welcome.